Parent Teacher Organization | PTO
The Parent Teacher Organization is comprised of all parents of students attending St. Joseph Catholic School. The PTO provides great support for our school through special events, fundraisers and volunteer opportunities. Lead parents help to organize parties for Christmas and Valentine's Day as well as providing support for other special classroom activities. See full list of volunteer opportunities below.
2012-2013 PTO Officers:
|Co-Presidents||Kelli Janawitz and Amy Pracht|
|At-Large Member||Ysmenia Asci|
|At-Large Member||Karen Boskus|
|At-Large Member||Beverly Draper|
|At-Large Member||Adriana Stacey|
- Grab your coat and sunglasses!
- Flag traffic so children can cross safely.
- Assist 1st and 2nd pick-up drivers on an as-needed basis.
- Estimated volunteer time: varies
Field Trip Coordinator
- Assist teachers with field trip forms.
- Make reservations at venues, remit payments.
- Estimated volunteer time: 2-3 hours per trip.
- Help with teacher dinners during Parent-Teacher conferences.
- Help decorate and/or serve.
- Estimated volunteer time: 2-3 hours.
Lead parent: The “Go-To” parent in charge of classroom activities
- Contact the teacher to see if there are any special needs not covered by the Homeroom Volunteer List.
- Recruit for any remaining volunteer slots left, either by contacting parents directly or by sending a note in the Monday folder.
- Contact your classroom volunteer parents and make sure they are clear on what their responsibilities are.
- Help your classroom parents be aware of important upcoming events such as teacher birthdays, etc…
- Photograph the classroom activities, field trips, parties for class yearbook representation
- Estimated volunteer time: 20 hours
- Check books in and out.
- Shelve books as needed.
- Help students volunteer as needed.
- Weekly or monthly commitment.
- Estimated volunteer time: 1-2 hours per month.
- Assist Mrs. Lupton with office duties.
- Variety of office duties including copying, filing, and answering phones.
- Weekly availability preferred; volunteers may be solicited as needed.
- Estimated volunteer time: 1-2 hours per week or as needed.
Sweatshirt and T-shirt Sales
- Assist coordinator with processing orders and payments.
- Help sort and distribute shirts when the orders arrive.
- Estimated volunteer time: 5 hours in the spring and 5 hours in the fall.
Year Book Committee
- Help document our fun school year!
- Assist Year Book Coordinator with page layout.
- Photograph events.
- Collect, document and organize photos throughout the year.
- Estimated volunteer time: varies.
Watch Dog Dads: Volunteer and be a Role Model!
- Monitor the lunchroom or recess.
- Volunteer in the office or your child’s classroom.
- Coordinate volunteer assignment with Watch Dog Dad Coordinator.
- Estimated volunteer time: varies.
Spring Fundraiser Volunteer
- Help in this adult-only event, which includes a live and silent auction.
- Assist with auction basket or class art project.
- Gather order forms.
- Distribute tickets.
- Solicit large donations.
- Log in donations.
- Create bid sheets.
- Decorate, set up, and clean up.
- Assist with food preparation.
- Help with check-out.
- Assist Spring Fundraiser Chair as needed.
- Estimated volunteer time: Varies
Teacher Appreciation Week Classroom Volunteers
- Watch classroom during Teacher Appreciation Luncheon to provide teacher with an extended lunch period.
- Assist in serving during the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon.
- Assist with miscellaneous preparation or distribution of special gifts for teachers.
- Estimated volunteer time: 3 hours
Accredited by ANSAA Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association